Community Feedback and Next Steps
With the launch of this website, this project is beginning a dissemination phase where we seek community feedback on The Principles and initial recommendations. Here are our next set of goals for the 3rd and 4th quarter of 2022.
- Launch this website, create community discussion, and build relationships with a diverse and global community interested in improving short-format training.
- Hold dissemination talks and webinars to spark conversation and feedback.
- ISMB Meeting Bioinformatics Open Source Conference/Education COSI Keynote, July 2022, video.
- Keynote, Southwest Developmental Biology Conference, November 2022
- Keynote, November 2022, Australian Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Society
- Dissemination webinars:
- Poster, National Academy of Sciences, Kavli Frontiers of Science Symposium, March, 2022,
- Focus Groups:
- Murdoch Children's Research Institute, Melbourne AU, December 2022
- Australian BioCommons, Melbourne AU, December 2022
- Online, February 2023
- Submit peer reviewed publications detailing methods and findings.
- Optimizing Short-format Training: an International Consensus on Effective, Inclusive, and Career-spanning Professional Development in the Life Sciences and Beyond: Jason J. Williams, Rochelle E. Tractenberg, Bérénice Batut, Erin A. Becker, Anne M. Brown, Melissa L. Burke, Ben Busby, Nisha K. Cooch, Allissa A. Dillman, Samuel S. Donovan, Maria A. Doyle, Celia W.G. van Gelder, Christina R. Hall, Kate L. Hertweck, Kari L. Jordan, John R. Jungck, Ainsley R. Latour, Jessica M. Lindvall, Marta Lloret-Llinares, Gary S. McDowell, Rana Morris, Teresa Mourad, Amy Nisselle, Patricia Ordóñez, Lisanna Paladin, Patricia M. Palagi, Mahadeo A. Sukhai, Tracy K. Teal, Louise Woodley bioRxiv 2023.03.10.531570; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.03.10.531570
- Implementation Roadmap: Tractenberg RE, Williams J (2023) Roadmap for implementation of 14 Recommendations for career-spanning short format training in life sciences that is effective and accessible to all. doi:10.31235/osf.io/7d2yx
- Work with partners to organize and fund implementation of The Principles as well as current and future recommendations.
Please use the interactive forum below to leave comments and participate in discussion about the principles and recommendations.
If the discussion forum fails to load in your browser, you may also visit the forum at this link.
Subscribe to mailing list🚲
Subscribe for updates and if you'd like to contribute to implementing the principles.